This set includes the cockpit and the wheel bay.
Additional details for the Heinkel He 162 Salamander
cockpit set in A version:
- Manufactured by Aires in 1/48 scale with reference AIRES-4359.
- To be used with Tamiya reference TAM61097.
- Includes photo-etch and resin parts.
- Featured in newsletter 068.
- Package measures 110 mm x 190 mm x 30 mm (width x depth x height), weighting 42 g.
The Heinkel He 162 Volksjäger (German, "People's Fighter") was a German single-engine, jet-powered fighter aircraft fielded by the Luftwaffe in World War II. Designed and built quickly, and made primarily of wood as metals were in very short supply and prioritised for other aircraft, the He 162 was nevertheless the fastest of the first generation of Axis and Allied jets. Volksjäger was the Reich Air Ministry's official name for the government design program competition that the He 162 design won. Other names given to the plane include Salamander, which was the codename of its construction program, and Spatz ("Sparrow"), which was the name given to the plane by Heinkel.
This item is not suitable for children under 18 years old. Aeronautiko recommend this item for advanced modellers and professionals with high experience on building cars and bikes. Read carefully all instructions.