The units from this new issue of the African Air Forces
series are: MiG-17F 242 & 933 Madagascar; MiG-17F TZ-368 Mali; MiG-17 21 Mozambique; MiG-17F NAF 612 & NAF 624 Nigeria; MiG-17 CC127 & CC-134 Somalia; MiG-17F U602 Uganda
Additional details for the Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-17 Fresco
marking / livery in F version:
- Manufactured by Berna Decals in 1/48 scale with reference BD48-89.
- Mainly deployed in African Air Force in 1969, 1980, 1981, 1993 and 1999.
- To be used with all kits.
- Includes water slide decals and placement instructions.
- Package measures 160 mm x 250 mm x 1 mm (width x depth x height), weighting 15 g.
The Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-17 (NATO reporting name: Fresco) (China:Shenyang J-5) (Poland: PZL-Mielec Lim-6) is a high-subsonic fighter aircraft produced in the USSR from 1952 and operated by numerous air forces in many variants. Most MiG-17 variants cannot carry air-to-air missiles, but shot down many aircraft with its cannons. It is an advanced development of the very similar appearing MiG-15 of the Korean War.
This item is not suitable for children under 18 years old. Aeronautiko recommend this item for advanced modellers and professionals with high experience on building cars and bikes. Read carefully all instructions.